- You can now hire guard dogs from the staff menu. Every dog has a dog handler.
- Dogs will sniff any nearby prisoners or hiding places, and will detect drugs, cigs etc.
- Dogs can sense escape tunnels and will scratch at the ground when they find one, giving the player a strong hint.
- If a dog smells a prisoner digging under them, they will dig up the prisoner and reveal the entire tunnel.
- Dogs are fast runners and are very good at chasing down escaping prisoners.
Note: Dogs smell drugs and detect tunnels incorrectly sometimes. Note: If either a dog or his handler is killed, the survivor will act unpredictably for a while, before leaving the prison.
Dogs can be assigned to patrols just like Guards. From the Deployment screen, click on "Dog Patrols" then click on any existing patrol to assign a dog to it.
- New room type. Requires dog crates for each dog to sleep in.
- Can be outdoors, but must be surrounded by walls or fences and doors.
- Dogs have an energy level represented by a green bar under their body, which discharges as they work.
- When they become exhausted they will return to a Kennel and sleep in a dog crate to recover.
- They will also heal any injuries sustained in the line of duty.
- You can now sell your prison from the Valuation report screen, and use the profits to start a new prison with a large bank balance.
- You require an Accountant on site, a minimum positive valuation of $50,000, and at least 20 prisoners to be eligible for sale.
- You can always return to a prison you have previously sold and continue managing it, but you can only sell a prison once.
Note: You cannot sell someone else's prison shared via the Steam Workshop, for obvious reasons. Note: We are aware this system is highly exploitable, and it will remain that way until we balance the financial side of the game.
Major Performance Optimizations
- We have resolved numerous performance glitches and done a great deal of optimizing for this alpha.
- Areas optimized include the Sector system, the Work Queue, and Rendering.
- The navigation / route planning system has been multi-threaded and will now run on a second processor core.
- On large / heavily populated maps the average frame rate is now significantly higher.
Escape Tunnels Update
- Escape tunnels have been nerved and are now much more rare.
- Only prisoners with the "Clever" trait will even consider escape tunnels (10-20% of your inmates.)
- They need to have a stolen digging tool within their possession.
- Motivations for digging: Fear for life, high freedom need, misses family.
- Prisoners caught digging will have the punishment for "Escape Attempt" automatically applied.
Delivery & Garbage Update
- Deliveries and Garbage rooms can now be placed anywhere on your prison site, including behind locked doors.
- Delivery trucks will stop and load/unload when aligned with delivery/garbage rooms.
- Prisoners will get off the truck immediately if they can walk to deliveries easily.
- However if your deliveries zone is within your prison they will be escorted in by a guard.
Load & Save Update
- The Load / Save dialogs now have the option to sort by "Date modified" as well as by filename. This is very useful for quickly finding your recent prisons. Click on the column headings to toggle the different sorting methods.
Body Types Update
- There is now much more variety for many of the existing staff types:
- Male and female versions of many staff types.
- Body shapes and sizes vary.
- Skin tone also varies.
Planning Mode Update
- We have extended the planning mode to permit three different types of materials:
- Walls: Plan where your walls will be.
- Objects: Drag out any size of object to show where you plan to place the furniture.
- Paths: Use this to mark your planned outdoor pathways.
- Fixed: Workers will no longer load and unload garbage in an endless loop.
- (This happened when you had the Garbage zone above the Deliveries zone.)
- Fixed: The tool-tip regarding guard patrols was being displayed in all kinds of wrong places.
- Fixed: All entities would drop whatever they were carrying after loading a saved game.
An interim update meant to correct some issues that Alpha 14 introduced to the game:
- Optimizations continued:
- Sun shadow rendering is now much more efficient.
- Fixed: Shackled prisoners will no longer try to walk towards the guard who plans to search them.
- Fixed: Dogs will no longer be taken to the medical ward when injured. They heal when resting in the Kennel.
- Fixed: The planning tool was not saving properly.
- Fixed: A crash bug that occurred in extremely large prisons (more than 10,000 individual objects.)
- Secret: Added: prisoners randomly doing thriller dance. Later removed?
Note: this update is available via STEAM only.