- Much better mod support within the game.
- All mods should be installed in your
- They will then show up in a new Mods interface (Main menu -> Extras -> Mods).
- You can activate and deactivate as many mods at once as you wish.
- There are several types of mod:
- Graphical / Presentation: Updates the graphics and sounds in the game.
- Translations: Translates the game into languages other than English.
- Scenarios: Full story driven chapters, similar to our Death Row introduction.
- Content: Adds items to the sandbox or changes the behaviour of items. E.g. Grants mods which add grants.
- All mods must have a
manifest.txtwhich details the title, author, version info, etcetera.
- And mods should come with a
thumbnail.pngimage which will act as a graphical preview.
- The game now runs much faster, especially on Windows/PC.
- Lots of unnecessary memory copying has been optimized out. Makes a big difference on Windows particularly.
- Long running prisons (100+ days) sometimes experienced extreme slowdown due to the list of all contraband.
- Fixed a bug that caused the building of foundations to become very slow and laggy on large maps.
- The lighting system has been multi-threaded, freeing up much CPU time.
- The lighting system now updates at 20 Hz (previously 4 Hz), so changes in light happen quicker as well.
- All staff now become tired as they work.
- Their energy level is rendered as a green bar in their nameplate (only shown when less than 33%).
- When they become exhausted they will stop work for a while to recover.
- You can now build a Staff Room, and exhausted staff will go there in preference.
- Staff resting in a Staff Room will recover energy much faster, and feel more rested.
Different Federal Grants
- Minimum security prisoner: $50 per day.
- Normal security prisoner: $100 per day.
- Maximum security prisoner: $150 per day.
Note: Previously you received $100 per prisoner regardless of category.
- New clock speed option: very fast.
- Runs the game at 5x speed (previous fastest speed was 2x).
- You can then research Deployment to attach guards to stations, or Patrols to attach guards to patrols.
- This fixes the issue that you could unlock Patrols before you had access to the Deployment screen.
- You can now scroll by pushing the mouse to the edge of the screen.
- Dangers: Shows all the locations around your prison that contraband could be stolen from.
- 24 hours: Shows all contraband confiscated in the last 24 hours.
- 7 days: Shows all contraband confiscated in the last 7 days.
- All time: Shows all contraband confiscated in the history of your jail.
- In addition, all recovered contraband icons are colour coded:
- Red: weapons
- Blue: tools
- Green: narcotics
A hotfix that was immediately released to address a bug that was introduced into the game from Alpha 15:
- Fixed: Players were unable to cancel any new jobs they created using right click.
A hotfix released to address a bug that was introduced into the game from Alpha 15:
- Fixed: Contraband was not being generated.