Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reform and Training Programs
- You can now run daily programs to train, educate and reform your prisoners.
- These are administered from the new "Programs" tab in the reports interface.
- Each program runs during a scheduled time during the day, and costs money per session.
- The times the scheduled sessions run during is based on "Work" in the prison's regime.
- Different programs provide different benefits to you and the prisoner.
- Prisoners may only take part in one program at a time, and may only attend one session in that program per day.
- Most programs are voluntary. Prisoners will be less likely to volunteer for programs if they are badly treated.
- Available reform programs:
- Prisoners must now complete the workshop safety / kitchen safety courses before they can work in those rooms.
Classroom / School Desk / Teacher
- You require a functioning classroom before you can begin educating your prisoners.
- The teacher is an external freelancer who will enter your prison to teach his class, then will leave when done.
- Some prisoners have more affinity for academic topics than others.
- In addition, the level of concentration of your prisoners is a major factor on their chances of success.
- (Prisoners concentrate best when all of their needs have been taken care of)
- Prisoners who have a natural affinity for practical work can attempt the Carpentry Apprenticeship.
- If successful they will be able to use the new carpenters table in the workshop.
- They will use stacks of Wood to produce high quality furniture. (currently a high quality wooden bed)
- Full production chain: [Gardener] -> Tree -> [Cutdown] -> Logs -> [Saw] -> Wood -> [Carpenter's Table] -> Furniture
- Behavioural Therapy is run by the prison psychologist.
- Prisoners are automatically referred to this program if they behave violently within your jail.
- Prisoners who successfully complete the Behavioural Therapy program are less likely to cause trouble in future.
- Experience is now being recorded for all prisoners during their stay in your prison.
- You can view this data by clicking on them to bring up their rap sheet, then click the new "Experience" tab.
- Activity: Shows the breakdown of their time within your prison, and what they were doing during that time.
- Mood: Shows the amount of time spent in a good / bad / neutral mood. This is a simplification but a useful one.
- Condition: Shows how long the prisoner has been suppressed, injured etc.
- You can also see the progress of their current reform program - their attendance and chance of "passing" the program.
- All programs completed are listed at the bottom of this page, showing if they passed of failed the program.
- You can now purchase additional weapons and equipment once you have an Armoury on site.
- Your guards must return to the armoury to pick up their new equipment as you unlock it, and there is a cost to pay per item equipped.
- Body Armor: Available to all guards, armed guards and dog handlers.
- Absorbs 50% of all damage taken, but slows down your guards by 30%.
- You must pay an additional $100 per guard for body armour.
- This is a non-lethal weapon which instantly incapacitates the target, without causing any damage.
- Can only be fired once, then the battery must recharge before it can be used again. (1 hour recharge time)
- There is a cost of $400 per tazer to be paid as the armed guards collect their new equipment.
- Note: Armed guards will use their shotguns instead as soon as you give the "weapons free" order.
- Tazer Roll-out: Equips all guards and dog handlers with Tazers as well as your armed guards.
- There is a cost of $400 per tazer to be paid as the guards collect their new equipment.
User Interface Scaling
- Work continues to make the game scale correctly to any resolution and any size of display.
- There is now a 'UI Scale' override setting to adjust the size of all on-screen elements to your taste.
- Use the PLUS and MINUS keys to adjust this value in game, or edit it directly in
- The rooms tool-bar now shows the number of each room type that already exist.
- The fog of war effect is no longer rendered into timelapse videos
- Status effects like Suppression no longer cause such massive drops in walking speed
- Visitation will now come to an end immediately during a riot or a bangup
- You can now build utilities under the road : Electrical cable, Small pipes, Large pipes
- Tweaked the routing system - entities should get stuck on walls much less frequently
- Fixed: Sometimes very small Laundries / Cleaning Cupboards would not show up in the Deployment/Jobs screen, meaning you could not assign prisoners to them even though they were perfectly valid rooms.
- Fixed: Armed guards now (sometimes) shout warnings at inmates before firing, unless those inmates are attacking staff or about to escape.
- Fixed: Face-in-the-game entries are now sorted to the top of the community biographies list.
- Fixed: Sun shadows on trees were sometimes rendered much too large.
- Fixed: Dogs were unwilling/unable to enter staff only zones.
- Fixed: You can no longer build road gates over lakes, or at the edge of the map.
- Fixed: Actors no longer get tired. (e.g. Edward, his guards etc.)