Jump to navigation Jump to search
- More grants are now available.
- The player can only select two at a time, unless Extra Grant is researched through the Accountant which allows three grants at a time.
Financial System Improvements
- Cash-flow is now visible from the very start, without needing an Accountant to unlock it.
- Cash-flow is now paid hourly, instead of at midnight as before.
- The starting bank balance has been increased from $10,000 to $30,000.
- The daily federal grant has been increased from $1,500 to $2,000.
- You now receive more daily money for the max security prisoners.
Cash Bonus: Days Without Incident
- You now receive a bonus to your cash-flow based on the number of days without incident.
- The bonus accumulates at a rate of $1,000 per day without incident.
- So after 1 day you get a $1,000 bonus, but after 2 days you get a $2,000 bonus.
- The maximum daily bonus is $10,000 for 10 days straight without incident.
- The amount received resets immediately to zero after a death, serious injury, or escape.
- You must now pay tax - 30% of all profits, directly out of your daily cash-flow.
- Once you have a profitable prison you can use your accountant to reduce this to 15%.
- You can also unlock an offshore tax haven for a whopping $50,000, that reduces your Corporation Taxes to 1%.
- Note: This is only recommended for prisons with massive daily profits.
- You can now borrow lump sums of money from the bank, and pay interest on the amount borrowed.
- Interest payments are made hourly, and each successful payment increases your credit rating.
- As your credit rating increases, so does the amount you can borrow, up to a max of $250,000.
- You can choose to sell shares in your prison to private investors and venture capitalists.
- They will pay you 10% of the current prison value, in exchange for 10% ownership of your prison.
- You can sell up to 50% of your prison this way, and you can buy back at any time, although the price may have gone up.
- However if you've sold 30% of your prison to investors, you will only receive 70% of the price when you come to sell the entire prison.
- The prison 'temperature' now increases quite a bit slower, taking much longer to reach dangerous levels.
- The temperature falls much quicker once the causes of frustration have been resolved.
- A prisoner's "time served" now counts up much more slowly, meaning they will spend longer in your jail before release.
- Previously one year sentence = 36 game hours (1.5 days). Now one year sentence = 120 game hours (5 days).
- The Workshop Safety Induction can now be taught to 10 prisoners at once (up from 5 previously), and prisoners can use a workshop saw OR a workshop press whilst learning.
New Room/Zone: Exports
- Finished items are taken from the workshop to the new exports zone. Workmen will do the hauling.
- If the exports zone is 'secure' then your prisoners will also do the hauling.
- Items in the Exports zone will be loaded onto passing delivery trucks and taken away.
- You will be paid as they leave the prison site.
- Note: Logs will be auto-sold if there are no workshop Saws on site.
- Note: Wood will be auto-sold if there are no carpenter's tables, or no qualified carpenters on site.
- The game is now using SDL 2.0 for windowing, mouse/keyboard input, and sound. (Previously SDL 1.2)
- This should help with hardware compatibility and reliability.
- Also provides better support for high dpi displays, joypads, tablets etc.
- High DPI mode is now supported on certain displays - e.g. the Macbook Pro Retina display.
- Enable it from the Graphics menu. This will make the game look significantly sharper on high DPI displays. For Example, Retina Mac previously ran the game at 1280x800 - now it runs at 2560x1600 on a 13" screen!
- Greatly improved the display of Jobs in the deployment screen.
- You must now keep your Administrators employed if you wish to continue using the facilities they have unlocked.
- Prisoners with 'Qualifications' gained from reform programs will now strongly prefer to work in jobs that use those qualifications.
- This fixes a problem where all your qualified workshop prisoners went off to do the cleaning.
- Tazers are no longer flagged as 'Metal' and wont set off metal detectors.
- Trees will no longer leave a stump if they are felled indoors. For example, after building new foundations over a forest.
- The Emergency Services toolbar now shows tooltips for each service type, including the cost of callout.
- The Rooms toolbar now highlights rooms you are likely to want to build, due to grants/objectives.
- The Bureaucracy screen has been laid out in a new arrangement to make room for all the new unlocks.
- The Lawyer has been removed from the game, as he currently serves no purpose. He may return at a later date.
- New graphics for the Teacher.
- Fixed: The reform program 'Scheduler' now ensures there will be a teacher available when picking a time slot.
- This fixes a bug with the foreman being expected to teach multiple workshop induction classes at once.
- Note: You may need to manually click "Reschedule" if your prison has this problem after loading.
- Fixed: Prisoners working as janitors would stand around in the cleaning cupboard doing nothing, unless you had at least one janitor hired, or if you had very few janitors in a large jail.
- Fixed: Cutting down a tree near a wall square will no longer demolish that wall square.
- Fixed: Experience will no longer tick up on dead prisoners.
- Fixed: You can no longer place rooms over lakes.
- Fixed: Stolen contraband would still be counted if the prisoner responsible had left the jail.
- This counted towards the overall 'Supply' level, but could never be found by searching.