Templates are little helpers which are used for recurring parts of a page. There a several types of templates which can be used in articles.
As the name mentions, these templates should be placed in the top of a page. They create a box with notable information.
- Template:Delete (used when an article needs to be marked for deletion - read here first before using)
- Template:Stub (used for pages with few or insufficient information)
- Template:outdated (used for pages with outdated game elements)
- Template:Translation needed (this article or parts of it needs to be translated)
- Template:NeedsImage (used for pages which lack of informative images)
- Template:NeedsUpdate (used for when an article refers to a feature which has been heavily updated)
- Template:Work_in_progress (used for pages which are currently under heavy rework)
- Template:Warning (used for uncategorized warnings, should be used rarely)
- Template:Disputed (used when an editor is questioning the contents of an article)
Content specific boxes
Content specific boxes are spiecial boxes for some kind of content. They are designed for the specific pages.
Infoboxes should give a short overview over all relevant content, as well as icons and images.
- Template:Infobox Material (used for material pages)
- Template:Infobox Object (used for object pages)
- Template:Infobox Room (used for room pages)
- Template:Infobox Utility (used for utility pages)
- Template:Infobox Staff (used for staff pages)
- Template:Infobox Campaign (used for campaigns)
- Template:Infobox Character (used for campaign characters)
- Template:Infobox Grant (used for grants)
- Template:Userbox (used for user pages)
Footer-boxes are mainly an overview of all types of pages that count to the specific category, as well as some special pages related to the category. It should be placed on the bottom of the page.
- Template:Footer Materials (used for material pages)
- Template:Footer Objects (used for object pages)
- Template:Footer Rooms (used for room pages)
- Template:Footer Utilities (used for utility pages)
- Template:Footer Staff (used for staff pages)
- Template:Footer Emergency (user for emergency pages)
- Template:Footer Grants (used for grant pages)
- Template:Footer Menu Bar (used in game mode articles)
- Template:Builds (used for version build pages) - no language support
Text templates are used direct in the text. they are often markers for missing informations or as reference.
- Template:Citation needed (this information needs a citation link, eg to twitter, forum etc)
- Template:Verification Needed (this information is unclear and needs to be verified)
- Template:Ref (sets a superscript to an anchor, has to be used with reflink)
- Template:Reflink (creates the anchor for the ref links and adds a link to a source to verify an information)
- Template:Main (when an editor needs to link to an article with more information)
- Template:Seealso (when an editor wants readers to reference more information elsewhere)
- Template:Unsigned (when an editor forgets to sign a comment on a talk page, this should be used - MUST BE SUBSTITUTED)
- Template:T (set on an translated page to indicate, that translation is wrong or incomplete)