Release date / Patch
Island Bound is the 2nd expansion for Prison Architect, announced on 2020-05-14 and released on June 23, 2020.
This expansion will allow you to create island compounds with no access road. You will have to bring your logistics game to a whole new level with these prisons, as you need to use a variety of new tools to make sure they run as intended. From ferries to helicopters, you will be able to maximize efficiency by linking them to specific deliveries – but be careful, as this also means more access points to sneak in contraband into your prison!
Luckily, you will also have new security objects that will allow you to inspect deliveries and prisoners as they enter the prison, or at key security checkpoints. You will also have access to additional emergency services when things get out of hand. Air Firefighters, Elite Ops Teams, Air Paramedics – we made sure you have all the support you need when things take an unexpected turn.
New Delivery and Transport systems
- Helipads: use 2 new helicopters to replace the standard road services.
- Supply Helicopter
- Prisoner Intake Helicopter.
New Helicopter Emergency Services
- Elite Ops: the Elite Ops Helicopter transports a squad of the new “Elite Ops” units. They are a level higher than the usual Riot Guards. The helicopter is able to deploy these units wherever the player chooses.
- Air Firefighters: the Air Firefighter Helicopter transports a squad of firefighters and is able to fight fires itself from the sky, Firefighters connect their hoses to the Helipad they land at instead of the road-based hydrants.
- Air Paramedics: the Air Paramedics Helicopter transports a squad of paramedics.
New Logistics options
- Transport: allows users to toggle the specific services available to Docks, Helipads, or the road. Each service is then split further to allow users to toggle either the entire services or parts of it:
- Island - An island plot surrounded by water, with no road at all, but an auto-generated boat dock.
- Connected Island - An island plot surrounded by water, but connected to the road via an auto-generated bridge.
- Many decorative and functional objects such as Stepping Stones, Barrels, Life Ring, Ferry Dock and more (see the DLC Content list below).
Two new pre-built prisons:
- Alcatraz Island - the ruined remains of Alcatraz prison, ready to be rebuilt from scratch.
- The Rock - a ready-to-play copy of the Alcatraz prison.
- Visual Water Blend.
- Cliffs wall type
- Possibility of placing certain objects on water (Stepping Stones, Buoy, Fountain)
|Version||Release date||Notes||Forum Link|
A new patch for PC, Mac and Linux versions, addressing several issues introduced in The Rock and Island Bound updates.
A new update for the PC, Mac, and Linux version of Prison Architect containing more fixes to issues and bugs, overall improvements based on both players’ and internal feedback and some cool new features for Island Bound!
Fixed multiple issues related to AI and deployment as well as added more improvements to island generation on maps with Island Bound DLC.
Fixed similar issues that were fixed in 1.01a but addressed just for Mac and Linux versions.
Added island generation on expanded map parts, fixed path finding issues and issues causing the game to crash.
Fixed an issue that was preventing Mac players from launching the game when using a fresh install.