The Logistics menu allows several possibilities managing your prison in detail.
It has to be unlocked via research:
- The "Prison Labour" submenu has to be unlocked with the Prison Labour research.
- The submenus "Food Distribution" and "Laundry Distribution" have to be unlocked with the Micro Management research.
- The "Room Quality" submenu automatically will be available as soon as one of the other sub-menus is unlocked.
- The Transport Logistics allows you to toggle on and off transport services per each of the delivery access points (road, helipads and boat docks).
- The Delivery Logistics allows you to connect delivery services and rooms.
Prisoners can be assigned to specific rooms for work:
- Kitchen: Prisoners will help with the cooking process
- Laundry: Prisoners will collect dirty clothes and take them to the laundry to be washed
- Cleaning Cupboard: Prisoners will use Bleach to keep indoors and outdoors fresh and shiny
- Workshop: Prisoners will make license plates, planks and beds which will be sold for a profit
- Shop: Prisoners will sort goods to shelves and sell them.
- Mail Room: Prisoners will sort Mail to Satchels, which Guards will use to deliver mail to the recipient
- Library: Prisoners will sort delivered or returned unsorted books to Library Shelves
- Farming: Allowing prisons to grow potatoes, wheat, apples, and more. Produce can be exported or used as ingredients for inmate meals.
To create jobs in a room, select the Prison Labour icon and click the desired room. Grey icons will appear in valid rooms and will turn orange if a Prisoner is working there at the moment. There is a maximum number of jobs per room and this is decided by the size of the room. To unassign a job, right click on the room.
Prisoners are paid a fixed wage of 50 cents per hour for their work by the prison and can spend the earned money in the shop. Prisoner wages and shop takings are shown in the daily cashflow report (updated at midnight).
All cell blocks are assigned a specific canteen to eat in, permitting accurate demand calculation per canteen. All kitchens are assigned specific canteens and nurseries, such that every kitchen serves at least one canteen, and all canteens are served by at least one kitchen.
These automatic assignments can be overridden manually in the Food Distribution screen. This system permits accurate calculations of supply and demand in all canteens.
Hover the mouse over the Canteen supply/demand icon to see a breakdown of the calculated demand per hour.
By default, every cell block and reception has at least one Laundry servicing it, and every Laundry services at least one cell block. The system will do its best to make laundries target other sectors of the same security zone, so that prisoners can do the work.
These automatically assigned targetings can be overridden manually from the Laundry Distribution screen.
Room grading is used to create worse and better rated sectors and encourage prisoners to work on their behaviour in order to be transferred to better graded cell and/or sector as well as be punished by being sent to worse cell/sector if they misbehave.
Two numbers are shown, in the form X / Y where:
- Y is the current grading of the cell
- X is the grade that the current occupant is entitled to
If the temperature system is activated in the options, this visualises the temperature of all areas of your prison.
The outdoor temperature will vary during the day (turning cold at night) and during the seasons. The temperature of your indoor areas will be affected by this. Indoor areas near doors and windows will lose heat fast. Certain existing objects generate lots of heat: Cookers (when in use), Power Stations, Water Pump Stations and of course Water Boilers and Radiators. Build the latter ones around your prison to warm up the indoors when required.
Prisoners and staff now have a Warmth need. This need increases when they are cold. They will protest if cold for too long, and eventually cause trouble.
If prisoners are too hot for too long (for example working in a hot kitchen) they will develop a status effect "Overheating". This makes them more likely to cause trouble.
Various weather patterns can occur during the game (if activated in the options), varying based on the current season:
- Torrential rain (Special event, rare)
- Snow and frost
- Heatwave (special event, rare)
Prisoners needs will be affected by the weather when they are outdoors. Getting rained on will spike their comfort, clothing and warmth needs. Prisoners left outside in extremely cold conditions (for example in an outdoor solitary confinement cage) will suffer of exposure.
Option that highlights all Cells and marks them red (for occupied ones) and green (for not occupied). You can hover with your cursor over the occupied ones to see who's assigned to them and left click to be taken to the Prisoner. You can select a prisoner and right click on the free cell to assign him to in manually.
Cell Status does not work for Dormitories.
- In Transport Logistics you can toggle the specific services available to Docks, Helipads, or the road. Each service is then split further to allow you to toggle either the entire services or parts of it:
Green icon means the service is enabled and red icon disabled.
Example of use: You can turn of prisoner intake on all the delivery services except one specific, for example the boat dock. This will make it so prisoners will be arriving only by a boat. You can customize it further and allow only specific security level prisoners to arrive at selected boat dock and have the rest of them to arrive at another one, located somewhere else.
Island Bound DLC is required in order to use this feature.
- Deliveries Logistics lets you manage the linking of Helipads, Docks and the road to their designated locations, such as
Once linking is done, whatever is delivered will be moved to the linked room instead of random one. With this option, you can make a better delivery system, especially if your prison is huge and has mutliple delivery routes.
Island Bound DLC is required in order to use this feature.