Installation & Removal
- To install walls or floors: Select a wall or floor type from the Materials menu, click and drag over the desired area and a job for your Workmen is created.
- To remove walls: select the "Demolish Walls" tool in the materials menu and select the walls you want to remove. This will task the Workmen with removing the selected wall or wall section.
- To remove floors: replace them by another flooring (e.g. by Concrete Floor or Dirt, the default floors indoors and outdoors).
- To remove everything inside a building: select the "Clean Indoor Area" tool in the materials menu and select the area you want to clear. All indoor walls, objects, floors and room assignments will be removed, with the Foundation and Utilities being kept.
- To remove entire buildings: select the "Bulldoze" tool in the Foundations menu and select the foundation to be removed. The complete building, with the Foundation, all indoor walls, objects, floors, room assignments, cables and water pipes will be removed, with some rubble and garbage left.
Walls are used to enclose rooms, and to secure the perimeter of your prison. Brick Walls and Concrete Walls differ only in aesthetics, the Fence is built faster and is much cheaper, the Perimeter Wall, while being very expensive, will slow down the digging of Escape Tunnels more.
|WALL||Cost||Construction Time||Block Visibility?||Other|
|Art Deco Wall||$100||5.0s||Build Art Deco Walls to create a 1920's architectural look to the prison.|
|Bamboo||$3||5.0s||Bamboo fence, perfect for jungle-themed prisons. Outdoor only.|
|Barred Wall||$70||5.0s||Build barred wall sections on top of foundations to create new areas or rooms.|
|Brick Wall||$50?||5.0s||Standard type of wall.|
|Classy Walls||$50||5.0s||Standard type of wall, just more colorful.|
|Concrete Wall||$50||5.0s||Standard type of wall.|
|Cushioned Wall||$110||5.0s||Build wall sections on top of foundations to create new areas or rooms that have a wealthy, leather look to them. Indoor only.|
|Decayed Wall||$20||1.0s||Cheap wall made of decayed breeze block. Decreases prison cell's grade!|
|Demolish Walls||$0 (Free)||1.0s||Use to remove any type of walls.|
|Derelict Wall||$20||5.0s||Cheap wall that gives your prison buildings an ancient look. Decreases prison cell's grade!|
|Fence||$3||10.0s||Basic fence, comes in two variations - with dirt and grass floor type. Outdoor only.|
|Hedge||$3||10.0s||Tall but weak hedges. More of a nicety than a security option. Outdoor only.|
|Oriental Wall||$50||5.0s||Build oriental walls to create areas in the prison with an ancient Japanese feel.|
|Overgrown Wall||$20||5.0s||Cheap wall covered with moss, ivies and other climbing plants that can be used for jungle-themed prisons. Decreases prison cell's grade!|
|Perimeter Wall||$200||25.0s||Water pipes and electrical cables can not be built underneath. Significantly slows down tunnelers. Outdoor only.|
|Rusty Wall||$20||5.0s||Perfect if you want to give your prison a post-apocalyptic look. Decreases prison cell's grade!|
|Security Wall||$40||5.0s||Colored type of wall that can be built to indicate a certain security sector of the prison. Comes in 5 variants: blue (minimum sec.), orange (medium sec.), dark orange (max sec.), yellow (protective custody sec.) and white (CI sector).|
|Slum Wall||$20||5.0s||Cheap wall that only proves you saved money on inmates welfare to expand your office. Decreases prison cell's grade!|
|Tiled Wall||$90||5.0s||Standard type of wall.|
|White Wall||$50||5.0s||Standard type of wall.|
|Yutani Wall||$100||5.0s||Build walls with a hi-tech look on top of foundations, to create new areas or rooms. Goes great with the Cargo or Solaco floor.|
Flooring can either be used indoors, outdoors, or in the case of Concrete Tiles, both indoor and outdoor.
Flooring has different movement speeds:
- Slow (Factor > 1.0, mostly 0.7 or 0.5)
- Normal (Factor 1.0)
- Fast (Factor < 1.0, mostly 1.2-1.3)
This can be utilised to either reduce walking times within your prison, or to slow down prisoners where appropriate.
|FLOOR||Cost||Walk Speed||Outdoor/Indoor||Additional Info|
|Bamboo Floor||$5||Normal (1.0)||Indoor||A floor with jungle encampment look.|
|Cargo Floor||$10||Fast (1.3)||Indoor|
|Carpet||$50||Normal (1.0)||Indoor||Comes in 3 types: red, blue and brown.|
|Ceramic Floor||$50||Normal (1.0)||Indoor|
|Checkered Floor||$10||Fast (1.3)||Indoor|
|Concrete Floor||$10||Fast (1.2)||Indoor|
|Concrete Tiles||$10||Fast (1.3)||Outdoor & Indoor|
|Dirt||$0 (Free)||Slow (0.7)||Outdoor|
|Fancy Tiles||$10||Normal (1.0)||Indoor|
|Flowery Field||$15||Normal (1.0)||Outdoor||A grassy area with nice flowers growing.|
|Grass and Stone||$15||Normal (1.0)||Outdoor|
|Grass Corner||$15||Slow (0.7)||Outdoor||Can be rotated.|
|Iron Floor||$10||Normal (1.0)||Indoor|
|Lime Stone||$40||Fast (1.3)||Indoor|
|Long Grass||Can't be built||Slow (0.7)||Outdoor||Pre-generated / Automatically generated.|
|Lunar||$30||Normal (1.0)||Outdoor||Use it to create the first prison on the moon.|
|Marble Tiles||$10||Normal (1.0)||Indoor|
|Metal Floor||$10||Fast (1.3)||Indoor|
|Mosaic Floor||$10||Fast (1.3)||Indoor|
|Mud||$0 (Free)||Slow (0.5)||Outdoor||Perfect if you want to slow down prisoners (and other entities).|
|Padded Floor||$40||Slow (0.5)||Indoor||Caters to the safety need.|
|Paving Stone||$10||Fast (1.3)||Outdoor|
|Remove Tunnels (Tool)||$20||None (0)||Outdoor & Indoor||Tool used to remove tunnels made by prisoners.|
|Road Markings||Can't be built||Normal (1.0)||Outdoor||Pre-generated tiles that can be seen on the main road.|
|Running Track||$50||Very fast (2.0)||Outdoor||Perfect for your inmates to jog on. Try it on yard, along the edges.|
|Sand||$0 (Free)||Slow (0.5)||Outdoor|
|Snow||$5||Slow (0.7)||Outdoor||Perfect for winter themed prisons.|
|Water||Can't be built||None (0.0)||Outdoor||Blocks all the movement, including digging tunnels under it. You can not install any objects on water tiles, including cables and pipes. The only exception are Footbridges.|
|White Tiles||$10||Normal (1.0)||Indoor|
|Wooden Floor||$50||Normal (1.0)||Indoor|
Tips & Other Information
- Currently, prisoners will not attempt to escape by breaking through walls or fences.
- Your Staff can work more efficiently if directed through routes floored with tiles that have "fast" speed.
The look of Materials menu at the beginning of the development (Alpha 2-3)
The look of Materials menu from Alpha 20 build