Release date / Patch
Store: Base game
Game[edit | edit source]
Only the world’s most ruthless Warden can contain the world’s most ruthless inmates. Design and develop your personalized penitentiary in Prison Architect.
- Build and Manage a Maximum-Security Prison.
As the sun casts it’s early morning rays on a beautiful patch of countryside, the clock starts ticking. You’ve got to crack on and build a holding cell to detain the job lot of prisoners that are trundling to your future prison on their yellow bus. As your workmen lay the last brick, you don’t have a moment to let them rest as they need to get started on the first proper cell block so you can make room for the next prisoner intake. Once they’ve all got a place to lay their weary heads, the fun can really start...
You’ll need a canteen, infirmary and a staff room, oh, and don’t forget to plumb in a toilet, or things will get messy, but what about a gymnasium? Or solitary confinement cells? Or an execution chamber?
- Story Mode
Prison Architect opens with the story of Edward, a man facing the electric chair for committing a crime of passion. This is followed by four additional chapters focusing on different characters and aspects of prison life. From Mafia Dons to power-crazed senators, Prison Architect has them all! To bring these characters to life, Introversion teamed up with award winning professional writer Chris Hastings, producing an enthralling tale of corruption and human misery set against the background of the modern prison industrial complex.
- Escape Mode
Finished your supermax prison? Got guard dogs roving every corridor and prisoners eating out of your hand? Now you can live the horror by firing up escape mode and play as a prisoner hell-bent on getting the hell out of dodgeǃ
Dig a tunnel, go for the armoury or start a riot and slip out in the chaos, it’s entirely up to you! Figure out how to escape from your own creation, or hit the random button and load one of the 66,000 prisons created by the Steam community.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Customized Confinement: Allocate resources to optimize your compound, but don’t restrict the flow of the crowd lest you encounter a flood, fire, fight, or full-blown riot.
- Invest and Innovate: Tap federal money with grant applications & direct your funds to combat disease, gang activity, litigation, and more!
- Management and Muscle: Ensure your prison is mostly ethical and safe with top-notch staff including armed guards, psychologists, doctors, lawyers and confidential informants.
- Detention by Design: Each prisoner’s criminal history requires custom treatment programs, labor schedules, and reform workshops.
- Lockdown Showdown: Attempt a high-stakes escape of your own supermax prison in Escape Mode, or try Online mode to test one of 66,000 player-created prisons. Expand your empire limitlessly in Sandbox mode.
- Warden Modeː Think being a God is too easy? Why not play as the Warden, working on-site of the prison you are constructing? You need to worry about your own security, as you don't want to be assassinated, do you?