Snipers use their sniper rifle to fire at misbehaving prisoners within their line of sight. They will fire warning shots before shooting at prisoners directly, giving them a chance to surrender. They will not fire warning shots if a prisoner is escaping and is already outside the outer walls, or when Freefire is active. When aiming their rifles, a red laser sight can be seen.
Hints and Tips
- When staff needs are off, snipers and armed guards are the only staff to go to armoury or the security room instead of the staff room when tired.
- Snipers require a guard tower to work, but will attack from ground if forced to or when recruited by the warden.
- They'll cause a suppression effect to nearby prisoners, similar to armed guards.
- In old versions, if there were no armouries in the prison, they will not carry any rifles. Instead, they will simply go to a sniper tower and watch over your prisoners. They can't shoot, but they will still cause suppression to nearby prisoners.
- Snipers can't be assigned to patrol on guard pavilions.
- Snipers can fight from ground (not in tower) if forced to or see misconduct while they happen to be nearby. They will act similar to an armed guard by shouting (silent) warnings to get an inmate to surrender and will use the sniper rifle as a melee weapon if freefire is off. They will not, however, disregard the freefire order it if in fear of their lives like armed guards do. If freefire is on they will simply shoot from a distance.
A sniper in a guard tower overlooking a yard