== Prison Labour ==
For prisoners to be allowed to work in the kitchen, they have to pass the [[Programs|Kitchen Safety and Hygiene Program]], which also takes place in the kitchen and requires one cooker per prisoner, up to 5 of them being able to attend at once. A session takes 2 hours and is
lead by a cook. Afterwards, up to 20 qualified prisoners may work in the kitchen during work [[regime]], each taking up 12 squares of space (so a kitchen of 240 squares will provide jobs for the maximum amount of prisoners), if assigned in the [[Prison Labour]] view of the [[Logistics]] menu.
== Food Distribution ==
* Keep your kitchen secure, as inmates will try to fetch [[Contraband#Weapons|Knives]] from it.
* It is prudent to designate the kitchen a staff only area, if you have unlocked [[Deployment]] via Bureaucracy. This will prevent theft of tools/contraband, the potential escape of prisoners assigned to work there and also will prevent an optional route around any [[Metal Detector]]s you have installed at the canteen. However, keep in mind that prisoners cannot work at a kitchen marked as staff only.
In [[ Alpha 14]], deliveries can be moved inside the prison and secured. So having prisoner jobs in the kitchen is no big risk anymore.
* This highly depends on the [[regime]] and meal quality/quantity: Recommended ratio for cooks, cookers, and fridges is 1 to 1 to 1. Each cooker cooks a maximum of 20 ingredients. Each Fridge holds a maximum of 20 ingredients.
* Placing a [[bin]] in the kitchen will reduce time spent walking to garbage area to dispose of food. [[Workmen]] will carry [[garbage]] bags from the bins to the [[garbage]] area.
* In [[Alpha 28]], if you dismantle Fridges containing ingredients, the ingredients won't be used anymore and no more will be delivered until you dump them.