Your security staff now have needs, in much the same way as prisoners. This is optional, and can be enabled when creating a new prison, or enabled from Extras -> Map Settings.
You must take care of your staff needs, or else your staff will begin to perform their duties badly.
The staff members affected in this update are:
These staff will have a semi random mixture of the following needs. Each need is similar to its prisoner counterpart, but also slightly different:
BOWELS Staff will only make use of toilets in staff designated zones or staff rooms
FOOD Staff will eat in the Staff Room if you add a Serving Table. Or you can designate a canteen as "Staff Only" and they will eat there instead. Staff meals are more expensive than prisoner meals and are automatically delivered.
COMFORT Put some sofas in the staff room for this.
ENVIRONMENT Same as prisoners, this is entirely based on the cleanliness of the surroundings.
REST This replaces the "tiredness" mechanic. Be sure to give your staff enough down time. If staff are happy, this contributes in a positive way towards the temperature of your prison. Likewise if they are unhappy, this will make the prison "hotter" and lead to more trouble later.
If you do not take care of your staff they will become "pissed off", and begin to perform their jobs badly:
- Sauntering around slowly when doing jobs
- Less effective at searching for contraband
- Less likely to actively look for trouble, more likely to turn a blind eye
- Unwilling to put themselves in danger eg confronting gang members
- In extreme cases, staff will take bribes in order to look the other way when searching for contraband
Staff break times
- You can now specify how much break time to grant your staff. Go to Reports -> Policy.
- You can choose how long each break is, and how many breaks per day are taken.
- Staff on break will immediately begin attending to their needs. Nb. Staff will always finish their current job before starting their break.
- Arcade Cabinets have had their sound turned down
- Larger clone size with Tools and Cheats enabled.
- Main menu: 'Terms and Conditions' moved to Options menu.
- Main menu: Added 'Other Introversion Games' link.
- Tooltip added to Analytics in Options menu.
- Fixed: Dog Handlers would be completely paralised if injured, and there was no Medical Ward
- Crash when loading with mods which define a custom room.
- Family Rooms no longer erroneously display the cell quality too high warning.
Update 11f HotFix
- Guards whose needs are not being met were beating up the prisoners. This can still happen, but it should happen much more rarely now.
- Extras | Map Settings dialog will now allow Staff Needs to be enabled if you already have enabled everything else.