Hello, Scottystreet, and welcome to the Prison Architect Wiki. We hope it'll be to your liking.
We have compiled below a few tidbits of information you might find useful:
- If you'd like suggestions on where to contribute you can check out the work needed page.
- If you plan on making any major changes it is recommended to read the style guidelines first.
- For major article changes it is best to experiment on your sandbox page before publishing the final revision.
- Most of the (raw) information on the wiki can be found in the Template:Path folder (PDS games only).
- Talk pages
- Feel free to discuss articles on their discussion page (the second tab above the article's name).
- You can ask help through the talk pages of the wiki volunteer staff (listed here and here).
- To sign your messages with username and the date, type
- Most of the icons double as links. Clicking on one will lead to an article about it (try the game's icon above).
- You can reach other PDX wikis through the Paradox wiki hub.
- You can remove this message by editing your userpage and removing the following:
Anyone can contribute to the wiki. If you spot anything in need of improvement, feel free to make an edit. And again, welcome to the wiki! ~ Paradox wiki community
Please don't put your posts in talk pages, and then go like this:
- 220.127.116.11 16:44, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
I, for one, find it mildly annoying. Sign your posts like this. 18.104.22.168 16:44, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
- So when an actual response to a comment is made, it doesn't look like your signature is one of the responses. 22.214.171.124 16:44, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, forgot I wasn't logged in. XphnX (talk) 16:46, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
thx for your message. I'll explain whats going on (or not going on) with the translations. I started with German translations a long while ago. I used German word for page titles, because if i try to find a page related to Räume, I don't want to search for rooms. Should be reasonable. Then I realized, that there are no working links to pages in other languages like on Wikipedia (or other wikis). So I wrote Mark an email. Instead of adding the feature he implemented a translation system which requires much effort to maintain, because you have to mark every part of the page for translation and have to redo that for every change, what is silly. Result of testing this system is Main_Page/de. So I suggested, that my original system would work much better for the wiki, because everyone can start a translated page even if it's not marked for translation and stuff. But there was no response from Mark. I wrote another email end of February or March, but no response again. So for now there is no clear statement of Chris and Mark about translation, that's why there are two formats now. To your problem with random pages: I think you would be redirected to pages in other languages, even if their name would be page/lang ;)
I hope I could answer your questions, if not, feel free to contact me again.