The perfect place to start for new players.
- Chapter 1 : Death Row (The Introduction from the Alpha)
- Chapter 2 : Palermo
- Chapter 3 : GABOS
- Chapter 4 : Conviction
- Chapter 5 : Bootstraps
You can now load any prison, and attempt to escape from it, in this brand new game mode. Steam customers can load any Steam Workshop prison, or even use the 'Random' button to be sent to a random steam workshop prison. (Experimental) There is a 'HELP' button that you can click on, in the bottom right of the screen.
Use WASD to move around, and aim with the mouse.
You can steal weapons and tools from all the rooms you'd expect. Stash your contraband to avoid being caught. Earn Reputation points by starting fights and smashing up furniture. You will receive bonuses for knocking people unconscious, and additional bonuses for kills. Spend those points to upgrade your character with any of these reputations:
- You hit harder
- You can take more hits
- You have a chance to kill with one hit
- You can run faster (hold SHIFT)
- Nearby prisoners will fight when you do
- Skilled Fighter
- You can disarm opponents
- You can also spend rep points to recruit other prisoners to your group. They will follow you around and will assist during fights.
- If you have a digging tool you can dig an escape tunnel from the toilet in your cell.
- Win the game by escaping with your entire team.
There are two types of collectable item in the game. As you discover them they will be added to the Extras menu.
- Polaroids : All story based polaroids. Some are shown during cutscenes. Some only occur in the sandbox and must be found.
- Game Bible : The game design notebook has been scanned and can now be found throughout your prison. Keep your eyes out for scraps of paper on the floor within the sandbox. Click on those scraps to unlock another page.
You can now select from one of six wardens, when creating a new prison. Each Warden brings a special ability to the game.
- The Warden
- The default warden, offers no special abilities.
- The Lobbyist
- Halves likelihood of Violent/Lethal/Deadly inmates arriving.
- Diminishes effect of Stoical / Fearless. Doubles effect of Suppression.
- J. W. Periwinkle
- Guard dogs have a 50% chance to immediately uncover tunnels
- The Pacifier
- Permanent 25 point reduction in prison temperature
- Saphara Acknova
- Corruption! Receives a backhand payment for all contraband found
We are working to translate the game into as many languages as possible. More languages will be coming in the first update.
We currently have translations for: English, Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
Education grant (continued)
The education grant has been rebalanced and made easier. You now need 10 prisoners to pass the foundation course, and 1 prisoner to pass the general education course.
Event System (continued)
The event system has been rebalanced and is now much less destructive. Specifically, the 'politician demand' event and the 'Virus outbreak' event have been nerved. Events occur far less frequently. Many other small tweaks to make the event system better.
Hundreds of fixes and improvements were added in the run up to v1.0. In addition, the following Mantis bugs were fixed: 0002935: [Gameplay] Guard dogs kill prisoners (Icepick) - resolved. 0009914: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors Wont Heal Sick Prisoners. (Icepick) - resolved. 0009911: [Gameplay] 'Virus Outbreak' event is near 'unbeatable' (Icepick) - resolved. 0009970: [Gameplay] Perimeter walls cannot be rebuilt after events (Icepick) - resolved. 0005691: [Graphics] Unconscious prisoners appear as a black box on screen when in a medical bed. (supersampling fault?) (Icepick) - resolved. 0009954: [Save & Load] Virus outbreak not saved (Icepick) - resolved. 0009931: [Control & User Interface] Gang members not displayed in gang view (Icepick) - resolved. 0008149: [AI & Behaviour] Dead parole lawyer won't be taken away from morgue to hearse (Icepick) - resolved. 0009891: [AI & Behaviour] Dead prisoners pile up in Infirmary (Icepick) - resolved. 0009924: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners developing extra hands during combat when handcuffed - (and killing an impossibly high number of gaurds) (Icepick) - resolved. 0009826: [Other] Internal Clock error (Icepick) - resolved. 0006453: [Other] Bankruptcy timer runs out in less than 24 hours (Icepick) - resolved. 0007397: [AI & Behaviour] Lockdown/Solitary timers run at different rate to game clock (Icepick) - resolved. 0009912: [Gameplay] Federal witness countdown is lost after reloading game (Icepick) - resolved. 0009926: [Graphics] Empty tray being fed (Icepick) - resolved. 0009938: [Graphics] Maximum Safe Capacity unreadable (Icepick) - resolved. 0009915: [AI & Behaviour] Sick prisoners are completely ignored by doctors and paramedics (Icepick) - resolved. 0009890: [Gameplay] federal witness in death row (Icepick) - resolved.