Prison Architect Update 3 has been released. Steam users will be automatically updated. Non-steam users can download the latest version from the builds page here: http://www.prison-architect.com/builds.html
You need an active forum account to access the builds from our website. If you haven’t already done so, please register your game here to gain access to the builds, the private forums, the bug database and the wiki. http://www.prison-architect.com/register
Here is our video demonstrating the new features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsfyfGNiAYg
Guard Towers + SnipersEdit
You can now build guard towers around your prison for an extra level of security, intimidation, and force.
- New entity type: Snipers
- Hired from the staff menu. These guys will equip themselves with a scoped Sniper Rifle from the armoury, if you have one. They will then take turns manning the guard towers you have built.
- Snipers will project 'Suppression' to all prisoners within their line of sight.
- Rules of engagement
- When snipers see trouble occuring, they will fire warning shots.
- If three warning shots are ignored, they will shoot to kill.
- If you have enabled "Freefire" they will always shoot to kill, without warning.
- They will also shoot to kill if they see an escaping prisoner already outside the prison secure zone.
Secure Visitation BoothsEdit
You can now build secure Visitation Booths in your visitation room if you choose, instead of the usual Visitor Tables. A secure visitation booth has a glass panel that separates the inmate from the family member, and they use a phone to talk.
- No contraband can be imported through a totally secure visitation room
- However the inmates family needs will not be satisfied nearly as well
- Nb. There must be a complete separation of visitors and inmates for a room to be considered secure.
If you are a Name in the Game customer, you can now update your bio and create a female prisoner if you wish. Go to http://www.prison-architect.com/register to do this.
Mod API updatesEdit
Scripted interface buttons now correctly pass click callbacks to the script that created them. This allows scripts to add interactions to other objects in the game world.
- Dormitories of 40 or more squares will now get their own sector for the purposes of guard deployment and security zoning
- New Translations: Japanese
- Fixed: 2x3 Dormitories with a bunkbed will now correctly accept 2 prisoners
- 0010359: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors not treating during Virus Outbreak Event
- 0010445: [AI & Behaviour] Overdosed prisoners put in solitary instead of infirmary
- 0010477: [Gameplay] Intake System brings in wrong amounts of certain levels of prisoners
- 0010333: [Gameplay] Fill to capacity improvement
- 0010438: [Control & User Interface] CI window shows two % signs rather than one
- 0010352: [AI & Behaviour] Nasty change in the priority of the job assignment
- 0010461: [Gameplay] Contraband scan cooldown causing problems
- 0010459: [Control & User Interface] Suspicion percentage is displayed twice
- 0006604: [Control & User Interface] Double billing of reform programs
- 0010437: [AI & Behaviour] Multiple mailrooms do not work
- 0010480: [Gameplay] Intake not calculated properly
- 0008937: [Control & User Interface] Carpentry Apprenticeship
- 0010452: [Gameplay] Dormitories and adjacent rooms counts as one room
- 0010322: [Gameplay] Prisoners not being taken to Dormitories
- 0010298: [Gameplay] 2x3 dorms don't get extra prisoner space
- 0010472: [AI & Behaviour] Opened mail thrown throughout Holding Cell
- 0010453: [AI & Behaviour] Laundry taken from Dormitorys
- 0006883: [Mod System] Allow mods to augment the selected object popup
- 0010367: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners get ReadBook status and freeze in place
- 0010417: [Control & User Interface] Policy screen in female prisons says "HIM"
- 0010471: [AI & Behaviour] Laundry Room uniforms in odd piles
- 0010095: [Performance] One specific prison that has updated across mutiple alphas is experincing 1sec freezing every 10sec
- 0010468: [AI & Behaviour] Shower Drainage Behaviour Issues
- 0010370: [Performance] Extreme low FPS with many idle prisoners.
- 0010348: [Other] Open mails spawning from my inmates