Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Article has been Nominated for Deletion. Reason: outdated
A room for preparing food to be eaten at the Canteen. Kitchens are staffed by Cooks and Prisoners. The greater your inmate population, the more Fridges, Cookers and Cookss you will require to keep up with demand.
- The Kitchen should be near the canteen and deliveries zone to avoid long walks.
- Keep your kitchen secure, as inmates will try to fetch Knives from it.
- In Alpha 9, players can assign inmates to do "Jobs" in kitchen (1/12m², max. 20), as well as other areas of the prison.
- It is prudent to designate the kitchen a staff only area, if you have unlocked Deployment via Bureaucracy. This will prevent theft of tools/contraband, the potential escape of prisoners assigned to work there and also will prevent an optional route around any Metal Detectors you have installed at the canteen. However, keep in mind that prisoners cannot work at a kitchen marked as staff only.
- In Alpha 14, deliveries can be moved inside the prison and secured. So having prisoner jobs in the kitchen is no big risk anymore.
- Recommended ratio for cooks, cookers, and fridges is 1 to 1 to 1. Each cooker cooks a maximum of 20 ingredients. Each Fridge holds a maximum of 20 ingredients.
- Placing a bin in the kitchen will reduce time spent walking to garbage area to dispose of food. Workman will carry garbage bags from the bins to the garbage area.
- In Alpha 18, prisoners must complete the Kitchen Safety and Hygiene Program before they can work in the Kitchen.