- This article is about the security zones within the game. For information on patrols or job assignments, see Deployment.
Sectors, or a single Sector, is the title given to certain designated areas of the map. Every area of your prison which is fully enclosed by walls and doors are considered their own sector. By setting the security rating of a sector, the player may control the housing and flow of Prisoners in their prison.
Each sector is color coordinated. Sectors are broken up inside of a building by doors - if you have multiple rooms that flow into each other without a door, they will all be considered one sector.
List of Sectors
|Shared||White||All prisoners and Staff have access to this area. In there, mixed security rating prisoners go around. |
|Min Sec Only||Blue||Minimum security prisoners and staffs are allowed to enter or work in this area.|
|Med Sec Only||Orange||Only Medium security prisoners and staffs are allowed to enter or work in this area.|
|Max Sec Only||Red||Only Maximum security prisoners and staffs are allowed to enter or work in this area.|
|Protected Only||Yellow||Only Protective Custody prisoners(you can assign this class to prisoners from their Bio) are allowed to enter or work in this area. |
It can use for protect certain prisoners or facilities for high-level guard.
|SuperMax Only||Dark red||Only Super-Max prisoners(you can assign this class to prisoners from their Bio) are allowed to enter or work in this area. |
It can use for segregate violent prisoners far away, area installed high security facilities.
|Staff Only||Black||Prisoners are not allowed to enter this sector and will attempt to path around it if possible. Staff tends to pass this zone if plural ways available.|
|Unlocked||Green||All prisoners and Staff are allowed to enter or work in this area, and all doors leading to this area will remain locked open unless a Lockdown is called from the Emergency menu.|
|No Access||Yellow Striped||Any area of your prison which is inaccessible will flash with yellow stripes filling the region. |
Construct a door or destroy a section of wall to make this area accessible again.
|Unsecured||Flashing Yellow||Any area of your prison that is unsecured / unlocked to the outside of your prison's exterior walls will repeatedly flash yellow and revert back to the zone color.|
Prisoners in these sectors will immediately attempt to escape.
- Staff only areas will not be entered by prisoners even if the doors are wooden or locked open, so they are a good way to allow visitors access to areas of your prison. However, prisoners will attempt to escape if it leads to the outside.
- If you want to allow two types of prisoners into an area but exclude a third, create two small hallways outside the room and designate them with different security ratings, then set the room as Shared. As long as those two hallways are the only way into the room, no prisoner from the third designation will be able to reach that room.
- In Alpha 2, the primary use of sectors is to assign guards in the Deployment window.
- In Alpha 6, you're now able to dedicate cell blocks to prisoners of maximum security (high risk), minimum security (low risk) or the general prisoner population.
- In Alpha 8, setting a sector to "Unlocked" keeps all the doors in that area open. This is useful during construction of a building, or during a fire evacuation.
- In Alpha 16, a new orange colored sector was created for medium security prisoners only, and the general population sector was renamed to "Shared." Additionally, sectors will flash yellow when they are not secured.
- In Alpha 25, for addition of new prisoner categories, a new yellow colored sector(for protective custody) and dark-red colored sector(for Super-Max) were created, and sector names slightly changed.